First-Year Admission to Engineering
The College of Engineering admits qualified first-year students directly out of high school. To be admitted to the College of Engineering, you must:
- Meet the Minimum High School Course Requirements.
- Present an ACT math score of 25 or higher (or an SAT math score of 620 or higher).
International applicants must also have a composite ACT minimum of 25 (or SAT critical reading + math score minimum of 1130).
- Meet the Regent Admission Index (RAI) score requirement.
- Iowa residents must present an RAI score of 245 or higher.
- Residents of other states must present an RAI score of 255 or higher
If you are a homeschooled applicant, we will base our admission decision on your GPA, ACT and/or SAT scores, and courses taken.
Apply to the College of Engineering.
- May 1—for Fall Semester or Summer Session (March 1 for international applicants)
- December 5—for Spring Semester (October 1 for international applicants)
If Your First Language is Not English
The university has English Proficiency Requirements for applicants whose first language is not English.
Undergraduate Areas of Study in Engineering
The College of Engineering offers six majors leading to the undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
General Education Component
Students admitted to the College of Engineering complete General Education Component course work in addition to the course work required for their specific major.