Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Iowa

The University of Iowa

Print Header - IOWA Undergraduate Admissions

Returning Students

Apply Now The application process for returning students varies depending on how long you have been absent from the university.

International Students should contact the University's International Student and Scholar Services (isss@uiowa.edu) for information about immigration status and returning to the U.S.

Returning to the Same Degree Program

  • If you have been absent less than 12 months, contact your academic adviser about registering for classes.
  • If you have been absent more than 12 months, you must apply for readmission to the university at least two weeks before classes begin.

Applying to a Different Degree Program

If you wish to re-enroll at the University of Iowa in a different degree program than the one you were previously enrolled in, review the information for current and former students changing colleges. Note: If you have been absent for more than 12 months, you will need to fill out the application for readmission listed above.

Current or Former Students Changing Colleges