Review our Undergraduate Areas of Study to review the requirements associated with a specific degree program, or select the college in which you plan to seek a degree:
External Degree Programs
The university offers these external degree programs:
- The Bachelor of Applied Studies (BAS) is a degree program designed for individuals who have completed a two-year degree at a community, including an associate degree; the BAS degree may be completed online.
- The Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) is a degree program designed for individuals who have earned 60 s.h. of college credit and wish to complete a bachelor’s degree using online coursework.
- The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is available online with a major in management and a concentration in the entrepreneurial management track.
- The RN-BSN program for registered nurses is delivered mostly online, with face-to-face meetings associated with practicum experiences.
- The Radiation Sciences RT to BS program is designed for registered radiologic technologists who wish to complete a bachelor’s degree using online coursework in CT, MRI, or CVI.
Transferring Course Credit from Other Colleges
Courses completed at colleges and universities accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, or similar regional associations, are acceptable for transfer to the University of Iowa.
Honors Program Admission
Qualified transfer applicants are invited to join Honors at Iowa and will need to apply to become a member.
See honors eligibily for transfer students.