We make admission decisions on a rolling basis beginning in September. We will send you a letter stating one of the following decisions:
- Admitted—Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Iowa. Your admission notification letter will include residence hall housing information, an Acceptance Form, and other enrollment information.
- Deferred—You have not been admitted after our first review. You can submit additional information (personal statement, official high school transcript, new test scores). Applicants who are deferred and submit additional materials will be notified of their admission decision on a rolling basis. The number of deferred students who are admitted will depend on the competitiveness of the applicant pool and the number of spaces available.
- You can upload your official transcript and statement via your Admissions Profile in MyUI.
- Not Admitted—At this time, you do not meet admission requirements. You may wish to improve your academic profile at another college or university, and then apply to Iowa as a transfer student.
- Wait list—We will make admission decisions for waitlisted applicants throughout the summer. The number of wait listed applicants offered admission will depend on the competitiveness of the applicant pool and the number of spaces available. In the meantime, we strongly encourage you to seek alternate plans for the fall semester. If you are admitted off of the wait list, you will no longer be eligible for merit-based scholarships, even if they were previously awarded.
If you missed the deadline due to an extenuating circumstance, please contact the Office of Admissions.
How to Cancel Your Admission
If you are a currently admitted student and do not plan to attend the University of Iowa, you may cancel your application in the following ways:
Admissions Profile: To cancel via your admission profile, log into MyUI with your Hawk ID and Password. Navigate to your Admissions Profile and cancel your admission.
Email: To cancel via email send your cancelation request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails must include a student’s full legal name, date of birth, and be sent from the applicant email address provided on the application for admission.
Letter: To cancel via letter, send a letter signed by the student requesting cancelation using the full legal name and date of birth provided on the application for admission. Send letters to:
Office of Admissions
University of Iowa
108 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242